Prakash NairJanuary 14, 2021 2022-12-18 17:22
Prof. Prakash Nair
Prakash P Nair is Professor and Head of the Department of Management at Musaliar Institute of Management. He holds dual post graduate degrees in Management and Commerce and also has completed M.Phil from Global Open University Meghalaya..
An expert in six Indian languages, he has over two decades of experience in academics training and administration as well as in media and advertising industry with senior management designations at Mumbai.
He has been associated with MIM MBA since its inception in 2010 and also with MACFAST for nearly a decade. His contribution with MBA students in the promotion of the Hollywood film ‘ Passion of the Christ” in Kerala was well appreciated by people and media. He has a wide professional experience in organising events, faculty development programs, webinars and extended roles at university level of KTU and earlier MGU. He is also strategically connected and networked through his active participation in various forums like Confederation of Indian Industries (CII), Quilon Management Association (QMA), MaxEd etc. His forte is in training and mentoring the Management Trainees (MBA Students) with latest concepts and practices on emerging management/business themes, real life case studies, Out of box thinking and also building self-confidence, personality, soft skills and providing relevant career choices through a strong alumni association.
He has also rendered his services as the Chief of Examinations and Valuation Camp Officer and as member of the Viva Voce board for MBA examinations in APJ Abdul Kalam Kerala Technological University as well as Chief Examiner for MBA in Mahathma Gandhi University.
- Phil in Management (The Global Open University, Nagaland)- 2011
- MBA (Sales & Marketing/ Personnel Management) Savitribhai Phule Pune University, 1978
- M.Com (Advanced Accounting & Auditing) Savitribhai Phule Pune University, 1976
- ATAL Academy Online FDP on “ Student Centered Teaching Learning Methods & Strategies in Higher Education” January 2021- CSIBER Kolhapur.
- 5-Day FDP on Research Methodology – February2021- AIMIT Bengaluru.
- ATAL Academy Online FDP on “ Social Enterprise Management” January 2021- Vivekananda Education Society’s Institute of Management Studies & Research Mumbai.
- Two weeks FDP on “Indian Knowledge Systems in Contemporary Education & Practices” November 2021- Dept of Contemplative and Behavioural Sciences (DCBS), Sri Sri University, Cuttack, Odisha & CPDHE, UGC-HRDC, Delhi University.
- Professor & HoD, Musaliar Institute of Management, 2010 onwards
- Professor, MACFAST, Thiruvalla.(2003-2010)
- Chief of Examination, Kerala Technological University, Trivandrum.(2021)
Key Teaching areas
- Business Ethics, Corporate Governance, Cross-Cultural Management, CSR
- Social Marketing, Digital Marketing, Marketing Management, IMC, Business Communication.
Industry experience (1978-2003)
- Advertisement & Public Relations Manager (South Editions)- Indian Express Newspapers(Bombay) Pvt Ltd, Express Towers, Nariman Point, Mumbai.
- Branch Manager (Pune)- The Indian Post- Newspaper from JK(Raymonds) Group. Actively involved in All India Launch of the newspaper.
- Percept Advertising Mumbai- Account Supervisor (Client Services/New Business).
Research areas of passion
- Social Marketing
- Digital Marketing
- Cross-Cultural Management
Current Research Interests
- Social Marketing
- Cross-Cultural Management
- Business Ethics
Publications/Paper Presentations @ Conferences
- Prakash P Nair, Sonia Katherine Mathew and Navin V Koshy- “Concept of workplace spirituality- A review of literature” IJMER Volume 10, Issue 3, March 2021, ISSN 2277-7881.
- Sonia Katherine Mathew, Prakash P Nair and Arya Raj presented paper “ A Study on the Apparel Shopping Styles and Preferences of Youth in Pathanamthitta District, Kerala, presented at the International Conference on Insights in Marketing (ICIM)2021 jointly organized by Rajagiri College of Social Sciences, Kochi Rajagiri Business School, Kochi and Vives University, Belgium- 5th February 2021.
- Arya Raj, Sonia Katherine Mathew and Prakash P Nair won third prize for the paper presentation on “ An Empirical Study on the Attitude of Gen X and Gen Y towards their Job Motivation factors with special reference to Nurses in Kerala” at the National Conference on Evolving Business Ecosystem & Emerging Business Models organized by Berchman’s Institute of Management Studies, S B College Campus, Changanacherry.- 27th February 2021.